Strategic Regional Research Alliance
Strategic Regional Research Alliance (SRRA) is a not-for-profit organization, collaborating with both public and private sector organizations to provide strategic, non-partisan public policy research on the connections between infrastructure, land use and future economic welfare of the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA).
SRRA is a partnership created by public and private entities to bring together their experience and perspective, develop unbiased, evidence based research and inform the decision making process. It is modeled on the Regional Planning Association (RPA), which has been serving this function for the New York City region since 1922.
Iain Dobson has devoted the last 16 years of his career to public policy and city building with an emphasis on the importance of aligning development and public transit. Prior to 2000, he spent 25 years in the commercial real estate industry. In 2006, Iain Dobson along with Glenn Miller and the Canadian Urban Institute formed a working partnership to develop solutions to the ever growing problem of connecting...
For more than 20 years, Glenn Miller led the Canadian Urban Institute’s education and research program, focusing on growth management, downtown revitalization and the impact of demographic change. He is now a Senior Associate with the CUI, which is co-founder of the Strategic Regional Research Alliance (SRRA), a not for profit organization dedicated to providing non-partisan...
With a 20+ year leadership track record in arts management and communications, Catherine knows how to engage and influence audiences and drive outcomes. She has extensive experience building and leading high-functioning multi-disciplinary teams to plan and deliver multi-format communications strategies that win awards. Experienced leading teams of 30+ and managing...
Mission: To enhance the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Region’s economic health, environmental sustainability and quality of life through evidence-based research, planning practices and investment strategies in a collaborative environment involving both private and public sector partners.
- Undertake strategic, non-partisan, research and analysis on long-term planning and priorities for infrastructure investment in the Region.
- Develop strategies to integrate transit, land use planning, economic development policy and growth plans to create a stronger, healthier Region.
- Collaborate with and help build capacity in organizations across the region, whose work the SRRA research impacts.
- Convene a dialogue between decision makers in the private and public sectors in order to evaluate and communicate the benefits and application of the research.
- Communicate the findings within the GTHA community to inform the debate associated with public policy development and long-term investment strategies.
Partners consist of corporations and organizations in the public and private sectors that are interested in furthering SRRA’s research work and mission, including:
a) Funding Partners: Representatives from the following stakeholder groups:
- Governments and government agencies (municipal, provincial, and federal)
- Commercial and residential real estate companies and developers in the GTHA
- Employers in the GTHA
b) Associate Partners: Non-profit research, academic and planning organizations.